Welcome to Shale Sheet:
The Vindicator has been a leading information source for the Mahoning Valley for over 140 years. That leadership has witnessed and celebrated the growth of a city, a region and a community. Another chapter in our lives is poised to open with the emergence of the gas and oil industry in eastern Ohio and western Pennsylvania.
With that, The Vindicator welcomes you to Shale Sheet, a new publication that we expect will highlight the economic impact and effects of the Utica and Marcellus shale development. Each edition will showcase local, regional and national news on the industry. The cornerstone of each edition will be an enterprising story digging deep into an aspect of the industry.
You will also see:
- A detailed recap of lease agreements from three counties and drilling applications for all of eastern Ohio.
- Insightful columns from voices in the Valley and Columbus and the industry.
- An “Ask Shale Sheet” area for people to submit questions to the staff.
- Opinions and messageboard fodder from citizens.
- A roundup of top news items from Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and the nation.
- A business recap looking at the companies and associations driving this new development.
This is just a glimpse into Shale Sheet. It will be available to readers at area stores and also by mail subscription. If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shale Sheet is printed on ECOPAQUE paper, an eco-conscious product which uses 50% less wood fiber than the equivalent standard offset paper. ECOPAQUE is brightened through a process that is totally chlorine free (TCF) and is made carbon neutral. The greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions are low because of the use of hydroelectricity and carbon neutral biomass in its production. Carbon credits earned by the manufacturer, Resolute Forest Products, completely offset the few GHG emissions.